„Faculty of Political Science and Journalism AMU is a place where everyone can develop their skills. ”
Weronika Dopierała, student of Journalism and Social Communication
Duration: 4 semesters (full-time).
Studies in English.
- 4000 PLN per year for candidates studying under the same principles as Polish citizens
- 1500 € per year for candidates studying under principles other than those applicable to Polish
The program is designed to provide students with practical skills of communication in different fields of professional activities including journalism, public relations, and marketing communication, with special focus on the new media, as well as to expand and deepen their knowledge on processes of social communication.
Alongside general and professional knowledge in mass communication; business; political, international and intercultural communication; as well as new communication technologies, the program also includes additional courses covering soft and social skills, entrepreneurship, and active job search. We offer innovative teaching methods (e-learning, b-learning, team projects), practical training in well-equipped TV, radio, and computer laboratories; and a 2-week summer school program which will aim to develop soft skills, as well as teamwork abilities and enable to share experiences and study in an international environment. Students will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the Faculty’s media, and institutions cooperating with the Faculty.
The international study program will be conducted by experienced researchers and practitioners from the field of journalism and social communication, including lecturers with work experience in the international environment.
Dominika Narożna, Faculty of Political Science and Journalism, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
„Do you enjoy a life full of challenges, passion and adrenaline? Do you want to have an interesting job that will allow you to know and understand more than others? All this can give you a course in Journalism and Social Communication at the Faculty of Political Science and Journalism AMU. Thanks to which, I am a journalist, producer and lecturer. I also have experience as a spokesperson. These studies will let you fulfil your dreams too, wherever you will be… Let’s meet at AMU!”
The development of new communication technologies has a significant impact on the process of social communication and requires the continuous acquisition of new skills and competencies that will be useful in numerous media and communication professions in various areas of social life (e.g. business, shaping information policy of public institutions, content creation for the new media). The new program offered by the Faculty of Political Science and Journalism addresses these challenges and allows students to gain knowledge and skills sought in the contemporary competitive labor market: local, regional as well as international.
Graduates of BA studies in journalism/social communication/media studies (and relevant) who obtained the professional title of licencjat or its equivalent in social science or humanities recognized by the competent state authority as authorizing enrolment on a master’s degree in Poland are eligible for this program.
Graduates of other majors will be required to complete the M.A. program to pass an examination in the Introduction to Communication Science course if they did not pass it under their undergraduate program. Credit mode is determined by the Vice-Dean of the Faculty on the basis of the supplementary documentation of previous studies./based on the analysis of the supplementary documentation of previous studies.
Since the program is taught in English, it will be essential for candidates to certify their command of this language at at least B2 level. Candidates will be required to submit a relevant certificate confirming their proficiency of English at this, or equivalent, level.
- option available to candidates with Polish citizenship – standard recruitment procedure via Online Application System and fulfilment of recruitment requirements (below)
- option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens
- option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
Candidates eligible for this program are:
- graduates of an undergraduate degree who obtained the professional title of licencjat, or its equivalent, in a social science or humanities, recognized by the competent state authority as authorizing enrolment for a master’s degree in Poland
- candidates who are able to confirm their command of English at at least B2 level; candidates will be required to submit a relevant certificate confirming their level of English at this or an equivalent level
Grade point average in the previous year/grade achieved, as recorded on the diploma.