„Studies at the Faculty is not only learning time, but also time for meeting with students from around the world and participation in research and international projects.“
Marcelina Kulmaga, a student of Political Science
Duration: 6 semesters (full-time and part-time).
Studies in Polish.
Tuition fee: 1,200 PLN per semester (part-time) – see Tuition fees schedule.
Contact: Greta Swałtek ,61 829 6511,
Do you start the day with a review of the most important information from the country and the world? Are you abreast of the latest findings in the government? Or maybe you are simply interested in political science? You could not find any better course. This specialisation will show the rules of the big politics. Political Science opens up many employment opportunities from work in political marketing to a political career.
During studies, you will learn about the functioning of modern states and social organisations, understand the rules of political competition, learn what is authority power and what are the temptations of those who have it.
Dr Paweł Stachowiak, Faculty of Political Science and Journalism,
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Political Science at the Department of Political Science and Journalism, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, is incomparable to all other Polish universities, and this is confirmed by the numerous rankings and certificates achieved. Political Science studies show the modern world in all dimensions: political, economic and social, they lay a solid foundation for specialisation in each of these areas. Classes are taught by experienced teachers who give both sound knowledge, as well as specific skills allowing graduates to compete successfully in the European labour market. A Local Government Specialist, Functionary, Politician, Diplomat, Political Marketing, Advertising and Promotion Specialist – are some the careers that can be developed by studying Political Science. Explore Poland, Europe and the world through Poznań’s Political Science!
Studying Political Science combines theory with practice, which is a proven recipe for professional success. The practical experience and expertise knowledge will make you competitive in the employment market.
The graduates of our studies successfully find employment in national and local government institutions and social organisations and are active in political parties or politicians’ offices and electoral committees. Graduates are also ready to work in public relations agencies, marketing companies, social and market research centres and European institutions.
Political Marketing and Consulting in Politics
If you are thinking about a career as a political consultant, want to be active in the world of politics, marketing and political consulting, this specialisation is for you. You will be fully prepared for the role of a political advisor, have the knowledge of the political analysis of the market, learn the advertising techniques and how to effectively use the social engineering and designing electoral campaigns. During the course, you will learn how public opinion research labs work and how to efficiently and effectively conduct marketing research.
- option available to candidates with Polish citizenship – standard recruitment procedure via Online Application System
- option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens
- option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
Candidates eligible to apply under this procedure must submit recruitment documents as stipulated in the AMU Senate Resolution on the application procedure – first year full time and extra mural studies and register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji by the deadlines stipulated in the recruitment time table for a given academic year and also pay the admission fee. Results of final examinations taken and passed abroad and expressed in the grading scale used by the foreign educational institution are converted proportionally to the grading scale applied in Poland at the new final examination (matura) and in compliance with the admission criteria of a given faculty.
- Foreign candidates can apply to study any courses offered at bachelor and master degree programmes on condition that they have a command of Polish (the language of instruction). Candidates who do not have the command of Polish can enrol in a year-long intensive Polish language course (http://www.schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/go.php/en.html)
- Studies in English under the regime applicable to Polish citizens are possible on condition that the candidates register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji, where a selection can be made from a list of available options (https://kandydaci.amu.edu.pl/Site/UtworzKonto/Oczekiwanie)
- Studies in a foreign language
- Foreigners wishing to take up a different course in a foreign language must take the option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
- Full-time study is tuition free. If foreign students take part in other forms of study, which are not tuition free, e.g. extra-mural studies, post-diploma studies, courses taught in foreign languages, they pay fees in the same amount as those paid by citizens of the Republic of Poland
Holders of valid Polish Citizen Cards and citizens of member states of the EU, EFTA-EEC and Switzerland, who have decided to study in Poland, are free to choose the application procedure.
B. Application criteria – option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens you can choose this option if you are:
- a holder of scholarships granted by Poland
Candidates for scholarships granted by Poland are nominated, as stipulated in international agreements, by Polish or foreign diplomatic missions or respective institutions in their countries responsible for international academic exchange. Candidates of Polish origin applying for scholarship granted by Poland report to a consular office in their place of residence.
- a holder of a scholarship granted by the sending party; tuition free studies
- not eligible for scholarship and want to pursue tuition free studies
Option available to foreigners of countries with which Poland signed inter-government agreements or aid programme agreements. Candidates apply through relevant institutions of their countries or Polish diplomatic or consular offices. Foreigners pay the tuition but receive no scholarship from the Polish government. They pay all the costs related to their study in Poland, which amount to more than 300 euro a month.
- if you want to pursue tuition paid studies
The admission decision is made by the end of July by the Deputy President for Student Affairs upon the examination of the submitted documents and when a recruitment fee of 50 euro has been paid by the candidate.
Tuition fees depend on the degree programme followed and range from 2500 to 4000 euro per year. Foreigners of Polish origin commencing studies taught in Polish are granted a 30% discount.
Students taking courses taught in English or other languages pay a fee.
Dział Nauczania UAM
ul. H. Wieniawskiego 1
Room 25, ground floor
Tel.+48 61 829 4366, +48 61 829 4375
Ms. Natalia Kondziela: firstname.lastname@example.org;